Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Behind the Scenes of Misleading Lord Martineau

I have to confess, Elliot Martineau is my favorite character that I have written so far. I love how passionate he is, I love how much he loves Felicity, and I love that he can be a little bit snarky sometimes. Though he is a little rude at times, you have to forgive him knowing that he's really just heartbroken!

One of my good friends that proofreads my books for me commented after reading the first draft of Misleading Lord Martineau that if Miss Ogglesby (Elenore) was to be the heroine in the next book, could I please make her more attractive. She didn't find her description to be all that pleasing and felt bad that the girl seemed somewhat homely. I've since had other people comment on the same thing and each time I have to explain this to them-the description given of Elenore in Misleading Lord Martineau is a view of the girl through Elliot's eyes. It's not that Elenore is ugly it's just that to Elliot, nobody compares to Felicity. He fell completely and irrevocably in love with Felicity and though she disappeared from his life for four years, he can't get over here. He constantly compares every women he meets to her and they all come up short, including Elenore. So just a little reassurance, Elenore will have a chance to find her own hero and I promise that in his eyes she will be perfectly beautiful!

While writing Misleading Lord Martineau, I listened to Taylor Swift's song Last Kiss over and over again. Though it's not exactly biographic, it conveyed the feelings of the story exactly. Elliot never imagined that night in the cottage that he would share his last kiss with Felicity, that their happily ever after would not be easily obtained. It was emotional to write of Elliot's heartache, to dig deep into his character and to feel the pain of heartbreak and loneliness that he carried around for so long. Who doesn't want to love a man with a broken heart and be the one to try and heal him? I'm just glad that him and Felicity were able to have their happy ending after all!

So, onto some pictures...
So once again, no image can compare to the image you formulate in your head depicting a character, but when I saw this picture on pinterest while I was writing Misleading Lord Martineau, I gasped...this was so close to what I envisioned Elliot looking like. I love the look on the actors face.
 
A dress similar to the one Elliot catches Felicity going out in when he has told her that he doesn't think he deserves to be with her because of all the pain his actions have caused. Of course he hasn't stopped loving her and seeing her in this dress knowing that other men would be looking at her and dancing with her made him livid.
 
This is the dress Felicity is wearing when Elliot shows up at the ball she is attending and asks her to forgive him and marry him. They get married that night by way of special license that Pierce procures, in the parlor of the Duke's townhouse late at night.
 

 This ring is similar to the ring Elliot gave Felicity at their wedding, the ring that belonged to his mother. The only difference is that there are no diamond baguettes on the side of Felicity's sapphire, just the plain gold band.
 
 
As always, I hope you loved this story as much as I enjoyed writing it. I'm currently working on Elenore's story and I'm pleased to let you know that she's finally getting the adventure she craved...though she might also end up with more than she bargained for in the process. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment